Mobile app version of mncguru.com
Login or Join
ScottForeman

: Are You 'Solving' or just 'Selling?' by: Scott Foreman Here’s a brief survey. How many of you sell something online? It could be a product or a service. Second question: If you sell anything online, do you write

@ScottForeman

Posted in: #Online-Business #Questions #Get #Answer #Product #Service #Article #Sell #Product-Service #Foreman #Custom

Are You 'Solving' or just 'Selling?'

by: Scott Foreman

Here’s a brief survey. How many of you sell something online? It could be a product or a service. Second question: If you sell anything online, do you write any material used to promote that product or service?
My guess is that if you’re reading this article, you probably answered ‘yes’ to both questions. Now here’s a third question…How many of you WANT to be ‘sold’ something? If I told you I’d like to stop by your home tonight to ‘sell’ you something, would you likely invite me over? I doubt it.
So we have a genuine dilemma. We are in the business of selling. We are also in the business of promoting what we sell. Our potential customers, however, have NO DESIRE to ‘be sold.’ Instead, they have problems to be solved and questions to be answered. If you become the guy/girl that solves problems, you’ll NEVER lack for work or customers.
Can you begin to see how important it is to make sure that whatever you write about your product or service must keep the customer in mind. You must solve problems and answer questions. Outside of your family and friends, no one cares how much you sell, but everybody cares when you’re the “go to” person. You name your price at that point.
Whatever your next promotional piece is going to be, you’ve got to answer a few questions.

What problem am I solving or What question am I answering?
What does my customer get for purchasing my goods or services?
Why would my prospect buy from me and not someone else?
In what ways does my product or service make my customer’s life easier?

Notice where your focus should be? If you can’t answer those questions or they don’t seem relevant or you’re coming up with a reason NOT to answer one of them, there’s a good chance your focus is in the wrong place.
While it’s hard to internalize, especially when you’re just starting out, you don’t need to worry about selling anything. You worry about helping, answering, and solving and the customers will more than reward you for it.
Also, beware the pitfalls of trying to fabricate desire. You may fool your customer into buying something they only THINK they need, but all you’ve done is to insure that they’re more jaded and distrustful of you the next time.
Obviously, the ideas I’ve presented here are not original. Customer service is much older than I, but it does take a few pointers to get most people moving in the right direction. While I’ve just touched on the subject, you’ll be astounded at what Dr. Ken Evoy can teach you in his short book on effective writing for sales purposes.
Not only does Dr. Evoy give you great writing tips in the simplest of presentations, but he also introduces you to the idea of PRESelling your prospects to get them in the buying mindset. You’ll spend less time worrying about sales and more time being the problem solver. Check out Ken’s book here: www.build-passive-income.com/cmd.php?ad=124250
Anyone who can turn a suggestion into a solution for the listener is well on the way to implementing that suggestion. Whatever your business, when you cater to your audience (prospects) everyone wins. Answer questions. Solve problems. Never, ever just ‘sell.’
Remember, be good to yourself and never underestimate the power associated with the intensity of your passion.
Copyright 2005 Foreman Enterprises

by Scott Foreman Build-Passive-Income.com

mailto:scott@build-passive-income.com

We will pay you TWO WAYS to run this article!
First, we will pay you up to for every person who visits our site and purchases a product as a result of you running or posting this article.
PLUS, once you confirm we will give you a FREE DISPLAY AD in our Internet Success Newsletter (that's how much we appreciate it)!
Make sure that you get your affiliate ID at:
www.build-passive-income.com/affiliate
This article may be reprinted for use in newsletters and websites provided that the information box is kept intact. Email notice of intent to publish is appreciated but not required: newsgroups@build-passive-income.com

best stocks under 100 TBR jar read books Money systematic investment planning cheers

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @ScottForeman

0 Comments

Sorted by best first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme