Mobile app version of mncguru.com
Login or Join
SubhenduSen

: The New Google Ad Links by: Subhendu Sen You know about Google Adsense, now it's Google Ad Links for Google Adsense publishers. [ For who do not yet know what Google Adsense is : "Google AdSense is a fast and easy way

@SubhenduSen

Posted in: #Web-Design-And-Development #Links #Ad #Google #Adsense #Ad-Links #Page #Code #Ads #Related #Adsense-Ads #Google-Ad #Goo

The New Google Ad Links

by: Subhendu Sen

You know about Google Adsense, now it's Google Ad Links for Google Adsense publishers.
[ For who do not yet know what Google Adsense is : "Google AdSense is a fast and easy way for website publishers of all sizes to display relevant, unobtrusive Google ads on their website's content pages and earn money," — says Google. To open a Google Adsense account, please visit: www.google.com/adsense ]
What are Google Ad Links?
"Ad Links are a new form of text advertising that we're offering to our AdSense publishers. Using the same contextual targeting algorithm that targets Google ads to your content pages, Ad Links units display a list of topics that are relevant to your page. Each topic, when clicked, brings the user to a page of related advertisements", — this is how Ad Links are defined by Google.
Basically, Google Ad Links are vertically placed links of 4 or 5 keywords related to the content of your page. On clicking a link, the visitor is shown a list of Ads by Google on that particular keyword. If the visitor clicks on an ad, you get your commission.
So, why do you need to put Ad Links in your page?
Simple. Because you want to earn maximum revenue from each of the pages of your site.
According to Google, you are allowed to put max. 3 Adsense codes. But experts say that displaying too many Adsense ads in a page distract the attention of the visitors and they lose interest in the site. Therefore it's always advised to put only one Adsense code and that too close to the main content of the page, to get the best results.
By placing just one Adsense code and no Leaderboard or Skyscraper, are we losing out some opportunities to earn more clicks on Adsense Ads?
No. Because that's where Ad Links come in. Let me describe the usage of Ad Links with an example :
I have a page on 'Engagement Rings' at : thewebcontent.com/Relationships/Relationships_Article_56.php I use 250x250 Square Adsense code with the first paragraph of the article. This code displays only 3 Adsense Ads.
Now, I have placed Ad Links code just above the top of my left panel menu bar. Google currently displays 5 related keywords to the page : Engagement Ring, Carat Diamond, Ideal Diamonds, Gia Diamond and Gem Stone Ring. Each of the keywords are clickable.
Through these links, I get access to : 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 4 = TOTAL 44 Adsense Ads! (at the time of writing this article)
In case, Google does not find related keywords for a page, it displays a tiny search box. Visitors can put any keyword of their choice, and Google shows all Adsense Ads related to the keyword searched for!
Isn't it incredible? ...that too without disturbing visitors? Actually, it helps visitors, because they always look for links related to the subject they have come to our sites for.
The main advantage of Google Ad Links are that, they are displayed just like we display vertical menu—one link each line. Though Ad Links code displays "Ad Links by Google" boldly, but it gives a look of being a part of your vertical menu. And that's definitely a great advantage.
To add Ad Links to your page, please follow the instructions below :

Log on to your Adsense account
Click on "Ad Settings"
Select the Radio Button which says : "Ad Links Units".
Select 4 or 5 links per ad links unit from the drop down menu
Select Ad layout options : 120x90, 160x90, 180x90 or 200x90 depending upon your page layout.
If you have saved custom Color Palettes, select the palette of your choice.
Copy-paste the Ad Links code from the textarea box and place it to your web site in desired place

That's all! But remember that you can place only one Ad Links code in a page. If you put more than one, others will not generate any link.
If you are an Adsense publisher, there is no reason why you will not add Ad Links to your page.
What do you think?

best stocks under 100 TBR jar read books Money systematic investment planning cheers

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @SubhenduSen

0 Comments

Sorted by best first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme