Mobile app version of mncguru.com
Login or Join
TomAntion

: Whats All This I Hear About Firewalls? by: Tom Antion At this point, if you've got the whole "turning the computer on" thing down; you are ready to learn about firewalls. Whether you use your computer for business or

@TomAntion

Posted in: #Computers-And-Internet #Computer #Firewall #Tom #Free #Business #Someone #Firewalls #Ultimate #Needs #Free-Firewa

Whats All This I Hear About Firewalls?

by: Tom Antion

At this point, if you've got the whole "turning the computer on" thing down; you are ready to learn about firewalls. Whether you use your computer for business or pleasure, it is important to have a firewall. If you use a high speed Internet connection like Cable modem or DSL, you are at a MUCH greater risk for someone to hack into your computer, ultimately giving them free rein to meddle in your files and your life.
A firewall basically limits access to your computer from the Internet; it does not protect your website (that is the responsibility of your webhost.) When you first install a firewall, it will alert you many times about possible threats to your computer. This means that an automated robot or someone who needs a life; is attempting to gain entry onto your computer. Chances are good that big time hackers will not bother with files belonging to someone with a small business, but the 8th grader down the street just might.
Begin by downloading a free firewall; you can visit www.firewall.com/ for more information. I got my free firewall at www.zonelabs.com, and it provides a decent amount of protection for beginners. As your business grows you will need to upgrade your software. Many sites sell firewalls for a fee, but I think you’ll agree you’d rather pay the cash than lose your hard drive.

best stocks under 100 TBR jar read books Money systematic investment planning cheers

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @TomAntion

0 Comments

Sorted by best first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme