Mobile app version of mncguru.com
Login or Join
KoriPuckett

: How to Make Gooey Grits Cake by: Kori Puckett I was intrigued when I came across this unusual dessert recipe. Now, ordinarily, I wouldn't think that a dessert containing grits, of all things, would be appealing. But there

@KoriPuckett

Posted in: #Food-And-Drink #Cake #Grits #Dessert #Eggs #Mix #Powdered-Sugar #Butter #Dessert-Recipe #Ovens-Vary

How to Make Gooey Grits Cake

by: Kori Puckett

I was intrigued when I came across this unusual dessert recipe. Now, ordinarily, I wouldn't think that a dessert containing grits, of all things, would be appealing. But there was a time when I thought rice was a funny choice, too, and I'm now a huge fan of rice pudding.
So needless to say, I tried it and surprisingly it wasn't bad. In fact, it was sweet...maybe a little too sweet for some people, but I don't mind.
Here it is:
Grits Cake

1 yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup grits
8 oz. pack cream cheese
16 oz. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat over 350 degrees farenheit (careful here, ovens may vary. Mine does, a lot!). Mix cake, 2 eggs, butter, and grits in a bowl.
Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, 2 eggs, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
Spread first mixture into a 9 x 13 pan. Pour second mixture over cake batter, then bake for 35-45 minutes (once again, ovens may vary).
The top of the cake should be gooey. If you give this dessert recipe a try, I'd love to know what you think about it!

best stocks under 100 TBR jar read books Money systematic investment planning cheers

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @KoriPuckett

0 Comments

Sorted by best first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme