Mobile app version of mncguru.com
Login or Join
JoHanMok

: The No #1 Reason Why People “Getting Started” In Internet Marketing Are Getting It Wrong by: Jo Han Mok It’s tragic. Statistical data from survey results have shown that the No #1 problem that people

@JoHanMok

Posted in: #Online-Business #Business #Internet #Marketing #Questions #Technician #People #Internet-Marketing #Run #G

The No #1 Reason Why People “Getting Started” In Internet Marketing Are Getting It Wrong

by: Jo Han Mok

It’s tragic.
Statistical data from survey results have shown that the No #1 problem that people face in Internet Marketing is “getting started”.
And what’s really sad about this is that the people who are actually “getting started” are getting it all wrong!
As a coach and featured speaker at Internet Marketing events, I’ve seen and heard it all firsthand, and sometimes people can be as stubborn as mules.
Here’s the typical mindset of a person getting started:
“I’m starting out, so where do I get my domain name, hosting, autoresponders, how do I design a webpage and get it live on the Internet, how do I process credit cards…”
Then this misguided individual will go all out to find out how to do all these things, and still go on to fail anyway.
And my definition of “failure” in this case, is simply being unable to bring home the dough.
There is a good reason behind this…
Misguided individuals like are simply asking the wrong questions. If you examine the nature of their questions, you’ll understand that they have a “quest” and burning desire to become what Michael Gerber, the author of the E-myth calls “technicians”.
They’re interested in the whole “technical process” of running an Internet business. The nuts and bolts, and this spells D-E-A-T-H for the entrepreneur, because a technician works in the business, not ON the business.
Does a world class chef necessarily know how to run a successful restaurant?
Does a hairstylist necessarily know how to run a successful hair salon?
Does a “web competent” person necessarily know how to create a successful Internet business?
A technician is NOT an entrepreneur.
The entrepreneur works ON the business. The technician works IN the business.
Whatever happened to the building blocks of a world class business like vision, leadership, management, lead generation, customer retention and most importantly, the MARKETING?
It’s just common sense. Anyone looking to become a successful Internet Marketer, should get the “marketing” part right first before even THINKING about doing anything else.
If you do not know how to market effectively, if you do not know how to go about generating revenue for your business, why do you even bother to think about stuff like autoresponders, hosting and all those knick knacks when you do not even established a framework for them to fit into.
So if you’re reading this article and you’re “guilty” of trying to become a technician, reinvent your business by asking yourself the CORE business questions instead.
Questions like:

Have I worked my business around my lifestyle?
Is there room for growth with the business model I’ve conceived?
Have I identified my target market?
Do I know their biggest problem?
Have I created a unique web position?
Have I done research for setting up potential strategic alliances?
Have I created a proper funnel and lead generation mechanism
Have I done the proper keyword research?
Have I outsourced enough to allow me to concentrate on revenue generating activities?
Have I developed or at least figured out CRM issues like offering adequate support, and how to increase customer retention?
What kind of ancillary products can I offer to my customers?

Make a commitment to the process of entrepreneurship, think like one, and entrepreneurship will commit to you.
Your goal is to build an Internet business. It is a business. You run the business. Don’t let it run you.
Ask the right questions, get the right answers, and you’ll build the right business.
Copyright 2005 Jo Han Mok

best stocks under 100 TBR jar read books Money systematic investment planning cheers

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @JoHanMok

0 Comments

Sorted by best first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme